Thanksgiving All Year Long
Written by Julie M. Armenta M.A., Education & Family Specialist & Founder of
• Take time each day to be thankful for what you have; try not to concentrate on what you don’t have, but what you have. Small actions and accomplishments need to be acknowledged for yourself and others, and the special memories in your life should be cherished.
• Happiness is the key to enjoying life. Be happy for all your blessings because we have so many; sometimes we don’t realize how much we have. We all have our little blessings that may sometimes go by unnoticed. Remember to share your happiness with your children – being happy is truly contagious.
• An attitude of gratitude is so important. Be grateful and humble. Let friends and family know how thankful you are to have them and the beautiful memories you share with them. Children especially need to know the value of gratitude and humility, so that these values can be applied in their everyday behavior, schoolwork, and relationships with others.
• Never miss an opportunity to share your love with someone you care for, someone less fortunate, or someone who needs you, even if you don’t think they do. Be the light in someone’s darkness. Bring more love into your relationships and life. You won’t regret it.
• Kindness is the key. Be kind to all and treat others how you want to be treated and never take anything or anyone for granted. Model acts of kindness to your children and to your friends and family always. It goes a long way.
• Send love to all in the world with no prejudices, no judgments, and no limitations. Love makes the world go around; without love we are nothing. Children need to know this and feel this love daily. Children are pure love; they are truly angels on earth.
• Get in touch with others who have left impressions on your heart. Sometimes we don’t always take the time for all the ones who have touched our lives. Be especially sure to let your children know daily what they mean to you, and how precious they really are.
• Integrity is Armenta Learning Academy’s motto. Live with integrity and stand true to yourself and others. Teach your children to do the same; integrity and honesty is always the best policy.
• Victory over all. Even when times seem tough, be victorious and know everything has a purpose and a plan for all the good. Celebrate and praise your children and yourself for the smallest victories
• Initiate love, joy, peace, understanding, and compassion to your children and others at all times. Never miss this beautiful opportunity with those around you to sprinkle a little magic.
• Never give up on your dreams; we have so many talents and gifts. Use them and follow your purpose and heart. Model this to your children, and help your children discover their own.
• Give to others and make a difference in their lives; not only will it touch others’ lives, but yours will be touched immensely. Give thanks every day of the year, not only on Thanksgiving but every day of your families’ lives.
- - -
Julie M. Armenta, MA Founder & Education & Family
28062 Forbes Road. #B
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
949-367-WISE (9473) or 949-433-0898
I give thanks to all of you and feel honored to work with your children. They are all truly a blessing to me. Have a blessed Thanksgiving and remember to celebrate Thanksgiving and count your blessings all year long. Be thankful, be grateful, and be the best you can be to yourself and others! Love, Mrs. Armenta