OrangeCounty.Net click for home page
Aliso Viejo

Search within the site

 
 
 

 

The History

Aliso Viejo was originally part of the 22,000 acre Moulton Ranch. The Moulton family took title in the 1890's to land originally granted to Juan Avila by the Mexican government in 1842. In 1976, Mission Viejo Company purchased the last 6,600 acres for a new planned community that is now part of the City of Aliso Viejo. The first residential units were offered in March of 1982 and the first residents arrived in November of the same year.

Aliso Viejo became Orange County 's 34th city on July 1, 2001. The first planned community in Orange County, it was targeted to middle and upper-middle income homebuyers. Aliso Viejo had only 7,600 residents in 1990. Developers were building homes, condos and apartments so fast that there were waiting lists and lotteries held for singles and couples anxious to be a part of the community. By 2000, the population expanded by 32,000 residents, making it the top city in population growth in Orange County.

Designed to make it possible to live, work and play in the same community, Aliso Viejo, today continues to grow and prosper.

 

Origination and history of Aliso Viejo, California

 

 

South Orange County Regional Chamber
26111 Antonio Pkwy # 400 Rancho Santa Margarita
(949) 635-5800
 

Home - Visitor - Fun - Surf & Sand - Art & Music - Shop & Dine - Business - Health - Locals Only - Education - Real Estate - Disclaimer

©2018 OrangeCounty.net
Site Owned and Operated by Purpose Media
For info on ad rates call 949.443.1323 or sales@orangecounty.net
Photographic images courtesy of OCBook.com